What’s the value of your mail data? The Mail Archive is the insurance you need to secure that value.
Do you have business or legal needs to archive your mails? How do you access mails of an employee who left a few years ago? How do you access your mails if you have issues with your cloud-based mail provider? The Cleanmail Mail Archive provides you with the long-term archiving of your messages in an encrypted an immutable storage, compliant with legal, regulatory and audit requirements. It gives you an astonishingly fast search engine for all your mails—including text in attachments.
What is it?
- A complete archive of all your incoming, outgoing and internal messages
- An encrypted and tamper-proof storage where no data can be deleted
- Fully automated: no chance to archiving gaps due to human error or malicious interference
- At any time, you can download all your data and move it somewhere else
What do you get?
- The archiving infrastructure is completely separate from the live mail system
- Extremely fast search engine in the archive (including attachments)
- Continuous monitoring and alerting in case of archiving failure
- All accesses, all searches, all retrievals are logged
How do you interact with it?
- No manual intervention in everyday operation • Set-up is straightforward using the regular journalling functions of mail systems
- Users or auditors can access a web portal to search and retrieve messages.
- Administrators can set archiving rules but can not access user data
Why choose Cleanmail?
- No upfront investment, “pay as you go” based on actual archived volume
- The solution provides all the answers to checklist items of typical auditors
- “Segregation of duties”: It’s less likely that an admin of an external company has an interest to subvert the integrity of your mail archive
For invoicing purposes, the overall data volume used by the customer is considered (the „volume of the archive“). This volume is calculated after deduplication, compression and encryption, which typically reduces the overall volume by 40% to 60% compared to the raw data. On average we calculate with a volume of 1 Gbyte per user and archive retention year. This number may fluctuate depending on the type of users.
|Monthly base fee||CHF 250 / year|
|Data migrations (eg PST-Import)||CHF 25.00 / mailbox|
Archival volume cost
|Archive volume from…||up to and including … Gbyte||CHF per Gbyte per month|
|500||and more||upon request|
Additional Archive Accesses
Optionally individual archive accesses for some or for all users can be created. This provides access to the users’ own mail archive with all search and retrieval functions. Kosten per user (per mailbox): CHF 5.- per year.
Migration and Import of existing data
If you already have an e-mail archive, or you have Gbytes of e-mail data in your Outlook PST-files, we can import them for you into the Cleanmail E-Mail Archive. Your data will be indexed and made available in the regular full-text search. We charge CHF 25.- per mailbox. This service can either be ordered with the initial creation of the service, or can be ordered at any later point in time.
Please note that such imports can only be fully auditable if the full chain can be verified for completeness and accuracy. Usually this is not possible with PST files, but it may be available if importing from an earlier archive system.
Consulting and Support
Cleanmail offers Archiving and backup services for your individual needs. Please contact us for consulting and support in this area.